Giving You The Information The School Districts Will Not
Any individual in the education field – student, teacher or any other position – can face multiple consequences from a single accusation. Many individuals do not realize that an accusation that takes place against him or her in a Florida school setting can also result in a civil lawsuit, administrative action or criminal offense. Also, each of these preceding areas can be mutually exclusive of each other.
In other words: even if you win your school case, you still might not win your criminal case. The reason for this is that the burden of proof in an administrative action is different than that of a criminal action. This is just one of the various examples of legal issues about which a school or school district may not adequately inform you. You need a lawyer with experience in education law to guide you through these situations.
The The Law Offices of Steve Rossi P.A., represents teachers, non-instructional staff, administrators, parents and students of all ages and in all levels of education for a variety of concerns, including, but not limited to:
- Charter school issues — Involving accusations of misconduct against teachers
- Private school issues — Such as parents dealing with residency issues or tuition matters
- Public school issues — Including code of conduct and ethics violations
- Special education/ESE issues — Helping parents get the educational tools and attention their children with special needs require
- Individual education plans (IEPs) — Representation for parents to get their children the help they need and for teachers who have been accused of not following their students’ IEPs
- Bullying, harassment and discrimination — Teacher-to-student and student-to-student, as well as issues involving administrators
- Assault on a student — Accusations of assault by teachers and by other students
- Suspension and expulsion — Preventing misunderstandings from ruining your child’s future
- Transcripts and diplomas — Gaining important graduation information from educational institutions that may or may not be accredited
- Academic and grading disputes — Representing teachers, parents and students in disputes over academic achievement
- Teacher liability — For issues that occur in and out of the classroom that may affect your career
- Teacher certification suspension and revocation — Representation at hearings and appeals
- Disciplinary and conduct investigations involving students — Representing teachers
- Plagiarism and cheating — Helping students counter-accusations from academic institutions
Empower Yourself With Knowledge
The more you know of the options that you have in your situation the better you can make a decision. Attorney Steve Rossi will guide you through the administrative, academic, civil and/or criminal legal system with his knowledge and experience of practicing law for over 30 years. He and his staff will be with you every step of the way.
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Office To Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
Call us at 888-674-2051 or send us an email to schedule your appointment. We offer representation all over the state, and meetings can be conducted over the phone.