- Educational Law
- Criminal Law
Current Employment Position
- FBI, Agent
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board certified in criminal trial law
Steve Rossi has been a member of the Florida Bar for over 20 years. He has been recognized as a Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney. Certification is the highest level of recognition by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification by the Supreme Court of Florida.
Mr. Rossi is a former Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.). He was employed in both the New York and Miami field offices. He investigated civil and criminal matters.
He was a former prosecutor with the Broward County State Attorney Office. During this time, Mr. Rossi received several accolades including being recognized for most jury trials twice by the State Attorneys Office. While at the State Attorney's Office, Mr. Rossi prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases.
Mr. Rossi has represented the Broward Teacher's Union (BTU) as its local, legal counsel. The Broward Teacher's Union has more than 15,000 members. The Broward Teachers Union's members are in the 2nd largest district in the state and the 6th largest in the country. He has handled various teacher-related cases in both civil and criminal matters. He has presented various lectures and workshops focusing on education law. He has been an annual instructor for the Broward County School District's New Teacher Orientation Program discussing various issues in teacher liability matters.
Mr. Rossi is a lawyer deeply rooted in the community. He is a long time South Florida resident. He has attended grade school, high school, college, and law school all in South Florida. He attended Barry University where he obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree and the University of Miami School of Law where he obtained his law degree. He has handled various legal matters throughout the state of Florida and around the country. He speaks Italian and conversational Spanish.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida
- FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer - "Advanced Maneuvers", School Law: Investigations, American Association of School Personnel Administrators "Boot Camp", Orlando, FL, 01/30/2015
- Lecturer - "Advanced Maneuvers", School Law: Employee Discipline, American Association of School Personnel Administrators "Boot Camp", Orlando, FL, 01/30/2015
- Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI
- Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Educators Association
- Broward Lawyer's - Volunteer Attorney
- Florida Bar Mentor Scope Program - Volunteer Attorney
- Twice recognized for most Criminal Jury Trials, Broward State Attorney's Office
- Former Mock Trial Judge, Nova Southeastern University Law School
- Former FBI Special Agent, New York and Miami Field Offices
- Former Court Appointed Special Public Defender on various criminal cases in Broward County
- Former Adjunct Lecturer- Psychology and The Law, Barry University
- Office on Condo Board Association